Training Course for MTP® Brand Connector Installation
The US Conec MTP® Brand Connector Installation Course offers basic hands-on training for personnel responsible for implementing multifiber connector technology into their manufacturing processes. Designed for engineers, technicians, production supervisors, and manufacturing trainers, this course provides the training to transfer multifiber connector assembly into your manufacturing operations.
- Background of MT and MTP® Brand connector technology (Instructor)
- Preparation of cable and fiber for termination (Hands-On)
- Termination of MT ferrules onto multifiber cable (Hands-On)
- Machine polishing of MT ferrules including discussion of multifiber polishing theory and explanation of purpose of individual polishing steps(Instructor)
- Microscopic visual inspection of polished ferrules including discussion of IEC visual acceptance criteria for multifiber connectors (Instructor)
- Interferometric examination of ferrule endface geometry including explanation of IEC geometry parameters, demonstration of interferometer set-up and calibration, and measurement of MT ferrule endface geometries (Instructor)
- Assembly of MTP® Brand connector housing (Hands-On)
- Insertion loss and return loss testing of MTP® brand connectors including discussion of optical test equipment (Instructor)
US Conec Ltd. Corporate Training Facility
1138 25th Street SE
Hickory, NC 28602
Day one – 9:00 am to 5:00 pm
Day two – 9:00 am to 4:00 pm
Four attendees (maximum)
$500 per participant, which includes:
- Training manuals
- Materials and consumables (cable, ferrules, etc.)
- Certificate of Training at course completion
- Follow-up evaluation (insertion loss testing and endface examination) of customer products
Contact US Conec Applications Engineering at Toll Free: (800)769-0944 for a course schedule
NOTE: A customer purchase order must be provided before course dates can be scheduled.
For more information regarding our training classes, please contact Customer Service at : phone Tel: (828)323-8883 • fax: 828.326.8808 for more information.